6 Nov 2011

Vinyl Figure Enthusiasm

I can't remember when I first became aware of the designer vinyl figure scene. Somewhere in the distant and dim past, my attentions expanded from plastic action figures.

I must admit to having a soft spot for the Indiana Jones action figures, and I was bought the truck and an Indy figure for my 34th birthday. A hyper link If you need to get an Indy figure hit.

I think it was at this point I came out of the toy closet and let go of my shame in the fact I still love toys.


I refuse to deny the toy side of the force. Oh wait wrong Harrison Ford movie.
So there came a point when I discovered designers where making vinyl figures as a way of promoting their work. (Yes plastic vinyl, just like that duck you have in the bath). Not only that, but there was a whole bunch of artists painting these undecorated figures too.

I had to find out more! I researched a little on the web and found a whole bunch of stuff. Here's some websites that are a good start for your vinyl figure enthusiasm;


No comments:

Post a Comment